Saturday, December 8, 2012

Dream Log: 7 December 2012

I am travelling by bus or subway to the airport with my Japanese girlfriend. She is quite pretty, quiet and intelligent - she says a lot with her eyes. It is the happy point in our relationship where we've just met - we are committed enough to travel together but haven't had any physical relationship (I can tell she wants to go further!). There is still a small amount of mis-trust, but also a great deal of love. We do not have tickets for a flight but I have a piece of paper which says that we can have a free flight. So first we have to talk to the airport authority about the piece of paper, and we enter an office with a large table. The two guys are nice / laid back but initially somewhat untrustworthy.

So we sit down at the table, and they start interviewing me for a job... and they are saying I am not qualified for the job, why would I even consider applying. And I got defensive and I was saying, you have to be kidding me, I spent 10 years in the Canadian Army, of course I'm qualified! Right there, their mood changes and we're old friends - the main interviewer is actually a pretty cool guy and has a great deal of respect for me.

And then I look at my girlfriend and realize they don't understand why we're here. So I show them the piece of paper and explain we're here for a free ticket. They're somewhat embarrassed but get the joke! So they say no problem, you can get your ticket. Have a great trip.

That's the end of the dream.

No comments:

Post a Comment