Sunday, January 29, 2012

The Lobby (A Dream)

1950-60's architecture, a hotel or apartment complex, feels a lot like the airport in Las Vegas. I'm there with my two boys, and we're trying to get to the higher floors... to the 5th floor. So we're walking around to the stairs, but we can't find any stairs. We go back past these window shops, and we found the elevator, which is coin operated. Someone has put 4 quarters in the slot, but the elevator spits out the coins; it's apparently out of service. I'm not sure why but we start running back to where we think the stairs are, but as we go past the lounge, I lose my older son... I run back with my younger son to retrace my steps, but I can't find him.

I find myself back at the bar/lounge, so my younger son and I sit down for a moment to catch our breath. A black woman comes up to us, and in broken english says: "would sir's son like to try an Old Hickory, otherwise known as Basil?"

"Thanks but I'm trying to find my son."

That was the end of the dream.

No comments:

Post a Comment